By Scott Hawkins
* thoroughly up-to-date with hundreds and hundreds of latest examples! * the single Linux reference with examples for each command * All-new chapters at the Apache internet server, tc shell, and Emacs editor * geared up via activity, so that you can locate it fast!The useful, convenient table reference for each Linux user-now thoroughly updated!Linux table Reference, moment variation packs information regarding each command Linux clients need-organized for max worth and comfort. Scott Hawkins has up to date entries in the course of the booklet, and additional 4 new chapters-including all-new assurance of the tc shell, Emacs editor, and Apache net server.This pleasant reference is prepared by way of job so that you can locate what you wish no matter if you do not know what it really is referred to as! not like different Linux references, this one gives you sensible examples for each command it contains-plus 1000s of necessary counsel, warnings, diagrams, and pattern outputs. And in case you are a Linux specialist, you are going to love the "roadmap-style" alphabetical fast-find reference section!No subject what you must find out about Linux, it really is here... * records and the filesystem * classes, clients, and teams * Networking * I/O, units, and disks * Apache net companies * home windows connectivity * defense * X Window approach * Printers and print queues * textual content editors-including vi and Emacs * The Linux kernel * Scripting * e mail * evaluating and merging records * Scheduling * Archiving and compression * functionality monitorbash and tc * trend matching * methods * Diagnostics * Tuning * NIS/NFS * improvement assets * And more!Whether you are a sysadmin, developer, strength person, or beginner, get the handiest, up to date Linux reference you should purchase: Linux table Reference, moment Edition!Praise for the 1st variation "Hawkins offers a solid blend of motives, descriptions, and examples. each Linux person, even if beginner or skilled administrator, will worth the association and contents of the Linux table Reference."
By John Chirillo
The much-anticipated moment variation of the bestselling booklet that information community safeguard during the hacker's eye
because the first variation of Hack assaults printed was once released, many new assaults were made on all working platforms, together with UNIX, home windows XP, Mac OS, and Linux, and on firewalls, proxies, and gateways. safeguard specialist John Chirillo is able to take on those assaults with you back. He has packed the second one variation of his all-in-one reference with 40 percentage new material.
during this interesting new version, you'll discover:
* The hacker's viewpoint on safety holes in UNIX, Linux, and home windows networks
* Over one hundred seventy new vulnerabilities and exploits
* complex discovery techniques
* A crash path in C for compiling hacker instruments and vulnerability scanners
* the head seventy-five hack assaults for UNIX and Windows
* Malicious code assurance of Myparty, Goner, Sircam, BadTrans, Nimda, Code purple I/II, and plenty of more
* TigerSuite specialist 3.5 (full suite unmarried license)
By Dave Taylor
This compact publication presents a hassle-free travel for the uninitiated of the Mac Unix base. you could thoroughly discover Terminal and get yourself up to speed with the command line, studying as you pass in regards to the hundreds and hundreds of Unix courses that include your Mac. you are going to start to comprehend the ability and suppleness of Unix. And if Unix isn't really new to you, you will discover the way it interprets into this most up-to-date Mac incarnation. up to date to hide Mac OS X Panther (Mac OS X 10.3), this publication will hold you present with the most recent positive factors of your Mac. studying Unix for Mac OS X Panther starts with a short yet in-depth creation to Terminal and the command line interface. all of the universal instructions are easily defined with accompanying examples, workouts, and possibilities for experimentation. There are even challenge checklists that will help you alongside the way in which for those who get caught. Mac OS X Panther enables you to run Unix courses side-by-side with local Mac courses in your Mac computer.
By Rael Dornfest
Книга Mac OS X Panther Hacks: a hundred business power advice & instruments Mac OS X Panther Hacks: a hundred commercial energy guidance & instruments Книги Хакерство Автор: Rael Dornfest, James Duncan Davidson Год издания: 2004 Формат: chm Издат.:O'Reilly Media, Inc. Страниц: 590 Размер: 12,3 ISBN: 0596007183 Язык: Английский eighty five (голосов: 1) Оценка:Like the animal it is named for, Mac OS X Panther is gorgeous, glossy, fantastically effective, dangerously eye-catching, and all muscle lower than the outside. underneath its attractive interface, it is a hard-working laptop. these coming to Mac OS X from prior incarnations of the working method realize a lot of the pleasant face of the Macintosh they're used to, yet they're additionally plunged right into a entire new international. Unix converts to Mac OS X discover a accepted FreeBSD-like working procedure on the center and plenty of of the command-line functions that they are acquainted with: it really is like an open invitation to roll up their sleeves and hack. Mac OS X Panther Hacks brings jointly the ideal blend of assistance, tips, and instruments to assist severe Mac users--regardless in their background--get the main from their machines. This revised assortment displays the real-world understand how of these well-steeped in Unix background and services, sharing their no-nonsense, occasionally quick-and-dirty options to administering and taking complete good thing about every thing a Unix laptop has to provide: net, Mail, and FTP serving, defense companies, SSH, Perl and shell scripting, compiling, configuring, scheduling, networking, and hacking. upload to that the adventure of die-hard Macintosh clients, customizing and enhancing their and software program to fulfill their wishes. the outcome is cool stuff no energy person might be with no. The hacks within the ebook variety from the short and simple to the extra advanced. each one will be learn simply in a couple of minutes, saving numerous hours of attempting to find the proper resolution. Mac OS X Panther Hacks presents direct, hands-on ideas in issues such as:User InterfaceAccessories (iPod, USB units, cell phones, PDAs, etc.)Wired and instant networking (Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)Email (servers and clients)Web (servers and clients)Messaging (iChat and linked apps)Printing and Faxing (sharing printers, fax server, etc.)MultimediaIf you will have greater than your general Mac user--you are looking to discover and test, unearth shortcuts, create important instruments, and are available up with enjoyable issues to attempt in your own--this ebook will set you on track. Written for clients who have to transcend what is coated in traditional manuals--Mac OS X Panther Hacks will convey your Mac to its complete strength.
By Robert Shimonski
If you are wanting a brief, concise instructional to profit Unix and get in your approach, this can be it. Sams educate your self UNIX in 10 mins, moment variation might help you speedy and simply examine UNIX necessities and assessment UNIX positive aspects and capabilities. you are going to grasp parts of UNIX programming via transparent, concise studying modules and step by step directions with no need to plow through loads of fluff and conception. you'll discover ways to: * Get onto the approach and use the command line * circulate in regards to the dossier approach * Create, flow, rename and delete documents and directories * Slice and cube command pipe info * Use the vi Editor * Print within the UNIX surroundings * And extra! no matter what your services point, Sams train your self UNIX in 10 mins gets you up and operating with UNIX very quickly.
By Arthur Griffith
It is a necessary booklet if you happen to want in-depth info on GCC, yet wishes extra attempt in either writing and enhancing. there are lots of copy-paste-itis blunders, which exhibits that it was once no longer adequately proof-read. It additionally has passages in a variety of chapters that are approximately duplicates of one another, e.g., "Multiple resource documents to Executable" passages (pages 70 & 106), and 5 on "Creating a Shared Library" (73, one hundred ten, 132, a hundred and forty four, 165). Admittedly the various information differ from language to language, yet there is no clarification of what those ameliorations are; the passages are purely repeated with minor changes.
There are greater yet comparable issues of the association of the publication. for instance, i might have significantly hottest a logically-organized directory of command-line ideas to a only alphabetical order. A reader who desires an alphabetical association can already get it from the handbook. This association additionally ends up in issues of the exposition, e.g., the definition of -MQ assumes the definition of -MT, which it precedes. There are different issues of the order of exposition; for instance, there is a and a part web page pattern of RTL code on 367-9, that is incomprehensible sooner than the reason of RTL on pp. 387-417, and badly wanting extra particular exposition even afterwards.
(2/27/09: the writer by no means replied to my checklist of errata, so i have published it at http://pobox.com/~flash/errata/GCC_The_Complete_Reference_Errata.html)
By Sun Microsystems
By Syngress Media Inc, Randy Cook, James Dennis, Rob Sletten, Visit Amazon's Umer Khan Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Umer Khan, , Stephen Potter
The single classroom-based education and self-assessment method! Osborne's solar qualified method Administrator for Solaris eight research consultant offers a hundred% whole insurance of all respectable examination pursuits for either tests. according to 200,000+ hours of IT education adventure, the booklet includes hundreds of thousands of perform examination questions and hands-on routines. The CD-ROM positive aspects complete CertTrainer CBT software program with interactive tutorials and lab simulations, plus the recent ExamSim adaptive try out engine.
By Lamb L.
By Aron Hsiao
Linux is an working process, in accordance with Unix that has develop into a possible computer procedure for lots of clients, in particular these concerned with process and community management. pink Hat Linux has remained a number one collection of Linux distributions for years, possessing greater than eighty% of the U.S. Linux market.This ebook covers the entire most crucial subject matters for the reader who desires to get crimson Hat Linux up and operating and to develop into efficient with the working procedure as speedy as attainable. The books covers subject matters equivalent to fitting, constructing, and negotiating the hot computer surroundings, and lots more and plenty extra.